Wednesday, August 3, 2011

And Then There Were Two

Hi, my name is Alison and I am #2.  Uh, wait, that doesn't sound good.

Hi, my name is Alison and I am second.  Yes, that's better. 

So I just got back from a three hour (!) callback.  It was an elimination round, so to speak, with the last couple standing presumably booking the spot.  We started out with 7 girls and 5 guys and ended up with two of each.  Two couples, of which I was one half of one.  After seeing so many others get cut, it was nice to be one of the last two standing.  Yet nervewracking at the same time.

Three hours of auditioning, different direction each time, down to me and another woman.  Polar opposites.  She's shorter, I'm taller, she has light hair, I have dark hair, she's got a very comedic look, I have a very commercial look.    Well, it's that last one that I think decided it for them. 

My last time I auditioned, I was asked to make it as over-the-top comedic as possible.  I was given one shot, I tried my best but I don't think it was enough.  They called her back in for a third time, then released all four of us.

Final two.  I am second.  If you're not first,  you're last. 

But I least I got to be second once again and that felt pretty good for today.  On to my next audition this afternoon and to prepare for a film audition tomorrow.  Yes, a film audition, oh happy day! 

Keep on keeping on. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment