Monday, August 1, 2011

Callback Rule #1

Well, hello blog peeps!  This Wednesday I have a commercial callback from an audition that I had before vacation.  And I've been deliberating something since finding out.  The casting specs asked for a perky, cute woman to play the part of the wife.  I'm many things but perky ain't one of them.  So, I was sort of surprised to get the callback. 

They called back seven women, three from my agency - me and two VERY perky other women.  Hmm.  Immediately I started questioning everything about my audition from what I wore to how I came across.  And yes, deliberating whether or not I should change everything about what I did the first time around. 

NOOOOOOOOO! 

Callback Rule #1 - Do what you did the first time.  They liked it or they wouldn't be seeing you again.  Fight the urge to be like the others getting called back.  Be yourself.  At the end of the day, you can only be you.  Everyone else is taken.

Maybe they will change directions and go with something else, maybe that something else will be me.  Or maybe they will stick with perky.  Who knows.  What I do know is that I'm not changing a thing.  And if they really want perky from me, they might ask for that.  I can fake it. 

I am an actor after all.  :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment