Monday, July 11, 2011

Moving On

Last week was a rough week, I counted all of the things going wrong instead of all of the things going right.  And that's always a dangerous game.  It never leads anywhere good.  No matter how much progress we've made, it's so easy to forget all about it as soon as we hit a rough spot. 

Over the weekend, I pulled out my "progress sheet".  It's a timeline that I've kept for the past five years highlighting all of my acting accomplishments.  I'm a very visual person and having something like this in front of me to prove how far I've come is a very powerful tool to get out of the acting doldrums. 

It chronicles everything from signing with my first agent to getting my first IMDB credit to getting my first network series audition.  It's really cool to see a clear line of progress.  Yes, there have been dry spells and steps backward but overall it's forward progress and that's a very good thing.

So what about you?  What do you do when the acting doldrums strike?  Why not start your own timeline now.  Think back over your accomplishments, large and small or simply start where you are and jot them down. 

And when in doubt, take the next logical step forward by faith.  Ask yourself what is next, your inner guide will let you know.  I'm ready for my next breakthrough, bring it on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment