Thursday, June 16, 2011

Busyness, Jealousy, Unpreparedness...

It's been an interesting week so far.  I'm feeling pretty crazy right now.  My husband has been out of town on an extended business trip so I have all of the house responsibilities, all of the kid responsibilities, my full-time job and preparation for a new show this weekend on my plate. ARGHHH!!! 

You'd think I would want to scale back, and I do.  Yet, there's a part of me that's kind of pissed because I haven't been auditioning.  My agent hasn't called me with an audition in over a month!  This dry spell has gone way beyond what I thought it would, although I've been staying busy with acting jobs I've gotten on my own.  I'd blame it on the summer lull yet all of my "friends" seem to be pretty busy.  And yes, I'm jealous.  Every morning I log onto Facebook just to see all of them posting about their latest auditions and bookings.  Some days I just want to hide them all from my feed.  Grr...

Back to the busyness though.  Last night I had a rehearsal for my actors' company's new murder mystery show this weekend.  I'm normally the one that has all my lines down and knows the show inside and out by the time we have our final rehearsal.  Well, guess who didn't?  ME.  It was a disasterous rehearsal.  I'll be spending the next few days memorizing the heck out of that script until we perform on Saturday night. 

OK, enough complaining.  Time for solving.  First off, it IS time to scale back.  I'm actual thankful for the auditioning dry spell because I don't think I could handle another thing on my plate right now.  And although I'm jeaous of my friends' bookings, I have my times of posting all of my wonderful auditions and gigs on Facebook where they probably want to hide me.  It's very cyclical and right now is just not my time.  I'm going to bust my butt getting ready for this weekend's show and then take some well-deserved REST and back off from anything outside of my homelife for at least a week (that's the plan).  Then, when I'm back on track and have the bandwidth (telecom term, other life), I can dive back in again. 

Alright, that sounds like a plan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment