Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pretty Much Perfect

It's been pretty much the perfect day.  Both of our performances at this morning's church services were flawless!  The audience really enjoyed it and we got lots of laughs, it felt GREAT!

Afterward, I headed straight to shoot my last scene for the baseball film trailer.  I'm the only female in the project, which is kind of cool.  The rest of the cast is comprised of Dallas' finest actors.  I've been pretty intimidated while working with them (see the performance anxiety label if you missed just how intimidated).  Well despite my last (awful) day of acting on the project, today went perfectly.  It was an extremely tight outdoor shot, the "magic shot", and it couldn't have gone any better.  I felt very connected and calm.  Not a smidge of anxiety.  Sweet redemption.

I'm sad to see it end.  Despite some bumps in the road, overall it was a great experience.  I learned a lot and became keenly aware of how much more I need to learn. Sometimes we have to become acutely and painfully aware of our limitations to discover what our next learning experience should be.   Those who think they are done growing and learning are, well, done growing and learning.

So it's been pretty much the perfect day.  Now I'm relaxing on my couch, watching the NBA finals and reading a script.  Life is good.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment