Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Yee-haw.  I had my first audition today since Saturday's Performance Anxiety - Epic Fail.  It was for a commercial and was, well, a little rough at first.  My confidence is still convalescing.  But I got to audition twice, which is a nice rarity.  There were more men than women so they asked me to stay for a second pairing and audition again. My second audition pairing went much better than the first.


The premise of the spot was a young couple up late at night with their newborn baby.  My first "husband" partner and I didn't connect very well and it felt really uncomfortable.  When I walked back into the audition room with my second "husband", the casting director told me I acted like I didn't even like the first guy.  Ouch.  This time she wanted to see that connection.

The second "husband" and I did really well together, it felt a lot more natural.  I had a few moments where my confidence was off but overall it went a lot better.  I don't know if I'll get a callback.  It wasn't terrible, it wasn't great. 

But this evening was the real turning point.  I went to another audition.  This time for the drama team ministry at our church and what a refreshing experience it was.  My confidence was back in the midst of actors who support each other.  We spent two hours reading, rehearsing and talking.  They asked about the film shoot and I felt comfortable enough to share my performance anxiety episode with them.  They were so supportive and encouraging.  My burden was lifted. 

With God, my faith and family and friends who love and support me, what more could I possibly ask for.  I couldn't think of a better way to get back in the saddle again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment