Monday, May 16, 2011

Released...Bummer.

I got released from the right of first refusal for the bank commercial.  Yes, I'm disappointed. 

How do you pick up and move on when faced with rejection after rejection?  It's something that we actors need to learn to do...and learn to do well. 

Here's how I do it.

1.  Thank God for the opportunity to audition.  Each audition is a chance for me to perform.  Auditions are your job for the day and each one is a blessing no matter what the outcome. 

2.  Be grateful that I was that close to getting it.  So many others weren't (they were down to me and another person).  It was a pretty big audition, so I feel good about that.

3.  View it as another rung on the ladder to bigger and better things.  Even though it's not always tangible, it is progress.  I'm getting all of these first refusals for a reason.  Someday it will be MY turn. 

4.  Don't dwell on it.  It's over, time to move on to the next audition.  I have my family and my health, that's all that really matters.  This booking would've just been gravy. 

Disappointments can be just that, moments of wishing it had gone the other way.  They don't have to get you down permanently or define you.  There will always be other (better) opportunities when the time is right. 

Keep on keeping on.

(un)discovered alison

0 comments:

Post a Comment