Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Have No Class

Confession:  I have no class.  I haven't for awhile and it's hurting me. 

It's not that I don't want to or don't realize the importance of it, because I do.  But I'm a master of making excuses for why I don't.

Here are some of my favorites:
  • I don't have time.
  • It's expensive.
  • My kids need me in the evenings.
  • It's too far to drive.
Oh, did I mention that I'm talking about acting class?  Yes, acting class.  We all need it.  If you aren't studying, working on your on-camera skills and pushing yourself, guess what?  Someone else is. 

The absolute best way to get performance confidence is by getting in and staying in a good on-camera film or audition class.  Class keeps you "on" for auditions, it prepares you for real-world acting experiences, it allows you to try anything out, make a fool of yourself, make mistakes and learn in a supportive environment. 

Time to stop making excuses.  I'm only hurting myself.  It's time for class. 

(un)discovered alison

0 comments:

Post a Comment